Automatically Change the Requester in Zendesk
Imagine the requester of your Zendesk ticket is actually not the one you received the Email from, but the requester is mentioned somewhere in the ticket text.
Find out here how to update the requester field through an easy and automated process. Learn how to save time without the need to search for the information manually and avoiding the copy & paste.
Some of the main reasons why you want to change the request field:
- A ticket is created via a forwarded email.
- The ticket is auto-generated by an internal team that scans documents
(In this case, it may require the use of OCR to parse the information)
- The ticket is created by a third party (eg: webform, calls, etc)
Best way to change the requester name in Zendesk
It is possible to change the requester field in Zendesk with manual work but what happens when you have a high ticket backlog and want to automate this process?
One possible way to automate the process is to use a middleware solution for Zendesk.
With the Ticket Parser, it is possible to use the module to search for a text string, identifying patterns to change the requester field via email address, name, and company.
The app is available on the Zendesk Marketplace and it allows you to change the ticket requester either by changing the requester email address or the requester name.
A Quick Solution to Update the Requester Field in Zendesk
The Knots Ticket Parser User is a middleware solution that is simple and ready to use.
Once the app is installed in your Zendesk instance, the webhook is automatically created, and through the app, you can set up a new trigger.
Here you can search for a pattern in the text string you want to extract and update the ticket requester field. For our solution, we use RegularExpressions.
In this example, I am using the following use case:
- A customer submits a request form from a third-party partner.
- The web form generates an email that is forwarded to your support team.
- A new ticket is created in Zendesk.
- The ticket requester is the email address of your partner.
- You want to be able to reply directly to the customer, the original requester.
- Using the Ticker Parser you can identify patterns (in this case the email address of the user) and update the ticket requester field.
The Ticket Parser for Zendesk allows you to read information from different parts of the ticket, such as Ticket Title, Ticket Description, and Ticket Comments. Here you see a list of all the placeholders supported by Zendesk.
It can be combined with other modules, for example, the OCR that reads the content from scanned documents and parses its content into ticket comments.
Try it for 14 days for free or contact our sales team for a demo.
Looking for something else?
Do you want to optimize your Customer Experience and empower your Customer Support but are not sure what you need?
Contact our team and book a quick call. We want to hear your use case and provide you with the best solution.